Molecule, a SURGE Accelerator graduate, is hiring mid-to-senior-level full-stack engineers. As a member of our team, you'll help us design, build, and deliver the very best commodities-trading software on the planet.
You'll get to build production software using Ruby on Rails, React, Go, Python, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, and more—because we don't shy away from using cool tech in production. As a member of our test-driven team, you'll find yourself doing things the right way, most of the time.
The problem domain is complex, and if you have experience (or interest) in finance, trading, statistics, or calculus, this could be the gig for you. Sound interesting? Here's some more about the job:
- Design, develop, and test new features for Molecule's next-gen trading platform
- Help eliminate tech debt
- Write efficient, maintainable, and reusable code and participate in and support the full continuous delivery pipeline
- Write and maintain unit and feature tests, and review other team members' code and tests
- Mentor team members
- Learn new technologies (and help your teammates learn them too)
- Help the company grow by contributing to open source projects, and by representing Molecule well within the developer community
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience developing full-stack applications with Ruby on Rails, React, Go, Python or other open-source technologies
- Experience with DevOps and with container (e.g. Docker) and container management technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience with asynchronous processing
- Experience with Agile software development
- A disciplined approach to development, documentation and code structure
Nice to haves:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in finance, or energy/commodities/equity trading
- Experience with Postgres, Go, Scala, Python, AWS, and/or TDD
- Experience with enterprise-grade software and high-security environments
- Experience working at a tech startup
- Currently living in Houston, TX (although this is a remote position as well)
Molecule has an awesome benefits package—one that fits right in with the small company that we are. Benefits include:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance (99% company-paid)
- Life and AD&D (100% company-paid)
- No limit on paid vacation days (within reason)
- Sick time, as-you-need-it.
- $1500 every 18 months towards a BYOD policy
- An environment matching our values.